Law Office

If you were injured in a car accident you may be confused about which type of doctor you should see to receive the proper treatment:  Chiropractors, Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurologists, Pain Management Doctors, Physical Therapy, etc.  The truth is, there is no “magic car accident doctor.”  To get better and recovery from your injuries, most cases require an integrated approach, with several different doctors working together.

Usually, it is best to go to the emergency room (hospital) or an urgent care immediately after a car accident.  The doctor you see at the emergency medical facility will usually refer you to a different doctor to continue your care.

Some people see their primary care physician after a car accident because they are comfortable with this doctor.  Unfortunately, many primary care doctors do not specialize in car accident injuries and will refer you to a specialist.

Chiropractic care is often recommended to relieve pain from a car accident.  Spinal adjustments and physical therapy often provide tremendous relief for car accident victims.  However, chiropractic care is not always the best option and your treating physician may recommend an orthopedic or neurological physician.  Physical therapy is often referred in car accident care, and can be done with a chiropractor or orthopedic doctor.

No case is the same.  What works in one case does not always work in another case.  Considering that insurance coverage may be limited in most car accidents, it is important to understand how to maximize your medical treatment with the amount of coverage available.  The goal is to get better, not pay the doctors.

If you are confused about which doctor you should see, and are unsure whether your injury doctor is focused on your recovery and not their wallet, contact a car accident attorney at LINN LAW now to discuss your options.  If you are injured in an accident, One Call, LINN LAW!